To download large numbers of references (over 200) from PubMed using Firefox browser:
1. Run your search
2. Choose Send to > File
3. For format, select Medline > Create File
4. At prompt, click the radio button for Open with
5. Click the Browse button, select EndNote fron the list of options, and download.
Most databases have a direct export function to EndNote or you may have to use a filter to import a text file.
This will depend on the database you are using, the database provider e.g. EBSCO, and the browser you are using e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox or Chrome (Safari is NOT recommended for use with EndNote). The starting point is always in the native databases, which can be accessed from the Library Home Page.
Step by step Instructions for many (though not all) of the library's databases are provided in the document link above.
Q. How do I export references from my EndNote library into Aurora?
A. 1) In your EndNote library, highlight all the references you want to export.
2) In the Output Style window, select RefMan (RIS) Export from the dropdown menu. You may need to click "Select Another Style..." first, and search the options given.
3) From the menu at the top of the screen, select File --> Export.
4) Save the file to a place of your choosing (anywhere is okay, as long as you can find it again). Make sure that for Output Style (underneath Save As Type), you have selected "RefMan (RIS) Export".
5) Log in to your Aurora account.
6) Under Publications, choose Import.
7) Browse for your .txt file.
8) Select the Reference Manager/EndNote radio button.
9) Click the Upload button.
Q. How do I do this in reverse - i.e., how do I export from Aurora into an EndNote library?
A. To import data from Aurora into EndNote:
1) Open the appropriate library, or create a new library to hold your publications.
2) From the main menu, choose file/import.
3) In the "Import Options" field, browse to find the correct RIS formatted text file on your computer, choose ‘Reference Manager (RIS)’ from the list of import options, and choose what you wish to do with duplicate entries that may already be in your library.
The best option is usually to import them into a separate ‘Duplicates Library’, where you can inspect them and identify problems after importing.
4) Click on ‘Import’ when you have selected the appropriate options and the publications will be inserted into your library.