Welcome to the Academic Writing and Referencing Style Guides libguide!
This libguide is designed to point you in the direction of print books, ebooks, and web resources that will help you to write in an appropriately academic style, and to reference correctly the sources you use. Simply use the tabs above, or click on the links in the following list.
In this Libguide you can find:
- Direct catalogue links to print books on appropriate writing for essays and theses (Print guides and Subject-specific guides)
- Suggested search links for more print and ebooks on writing for essays, theses and reports (Print guides and Subject-specific guides)
- Links to guides on writing for specific subject areas (Subject-specific guides)
- Links to academic writing guides for international students (Subject-specific guides)
- Information on plagiarism, understanding referencing/citations, assessing website credibility (Web resources and Using references)
- Links to online and print guides to referencing styles, including Harvard, APA and MLA (Referencing style guides)
- Links to referencing various electronic and social media formats, eg. blogs, FaceBook, Twitter (Referencing style guides)
- Links to information on EndNote and EndNote Web (Using references and EndNote)
We want to know what you think! Please provide feedback on this guide, either by commenting on an item, rating it or using the Feedback/Suggest a link boxes.